BCCMA Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Information
Aligned to our policy to safeguard children and vulnerable adults, the BCCMA offers a DBS checking service to members who are engaged in frequent or regular contact with children and vulnerable adults in their martial arts setting. The service will enable members to obtain a DBS enhanced check.
By clicking the links below, you can download the three DBS documents. The forth will take you to the .gov DBS page. This will give you all the information you need. If you have any further questions, or concerns then please email the BCCMA Safeguarding Directorate – firstname.lastname@example.org
- DBS Code of Practice 2015
- DBS Regulated Activity with Children Guidance Note 2015
- Minimum Ages Guidance Document for Coaches 2015
- Government DBS Information website
Government DBS Update Service
If you register for the government DBS update service within 19 days of the DBS certificate issue date, you can then grant us permission (when you upload your certificate) to check for any changes and this may save you time and money applying for a new DBS certificate each year.
This service is an annually paid service currently £13 per year (June 2020) and is run by the government and therefore we have no control and it is fairly strict, so here is some additional information.
- You must apply/subscribe within Nineteen days of the DBS certificate issue date
- The service only shows you and us that there has been a change to your record, if this is the case you may need to apply for a new DBS certificate/check.
- You must keep your current residential address up to date.
- You can only change your payment information within 30 days (not on the renewal date) of the subscription renewal, the government system should notify you via email 30 days and 14 days before renewal.
- If your subscription expires you need to apply for a new DBS certificate/check.
- View the organisations who have checked the status of your Certificate(s).
- To register you require your basic information and the DBS certificate number
- Once registered you will be told your Update/Subscriber service ID, keep this safe and never share this with anyone!
- To login you require your Update/Subscriber service ID and date of birth.
- Government DBS Helpline: 03000 200 190
- Government DBS Update service information on the official website
Do you have a concern?
If you’re concerned about possible child abuse or bad practice within a Chinese martial arts school, club or association, competition or any other Chinese martial arts environment then you should immediately contact your Association’s Welfare Officer who may refer the issue to the BCCMA safeguarding directorate, Or BCCMA Safeguarding Directorate – email@example.com
If you believe that a child or vulnerable adult is at immediate risk of harm or abuse or requires medical attention, then dial 999 and contact the emergency services and follow any advice given.
As soon as possible, but within 24 hours, follow the recording and reporting steps set out in the BCCMA Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
Safeguarding Code Posters For Clubs/School/Class (print ready):
Safeguarding Code Posters For Associations (print ready):